Environmental, Social and Governance in Trade Interchange
In 2023, we began our journey and commitment to improving our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practices. We looked at our sustainable practices and methods of improving employee well-being.
Our Sustainability Objectives
1. To reduce the usage of energy across our utilities, with a particular focus on gas and electricity.
2. To monitor our emissions generated and disclose this through reports.
3. To become actively involved in local efforts to protect the environment and reduce impact.
4. To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Environmental Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
5. To reduce waste generated by the office and continually identify areas of reduction.
As part of our project for the year, “Environmental, Social, and Governance in Trade Interchange,” we have been conducting research into ways we can reduce our Environmental impact. As part of this project, we have been working towards a Green Mark accreditation. This year, we achieved our first stage, and we plan to work through all three levels of the certification! By the third level of the certification, we will have a fully documentation environmental management system and reduction targets.
Employee well-being program:
At Trade Interchange, we have begun to implement a well-being program, intended to ensure employees are working in a healthy, and happy working environment, and have every opportunity to improve their overall health through access to activities and resources. So far, activities this year have included ‘The Trade Interchange Walking Challenge,’ and our Vegan Bake-off to celebrate Veganuary.
To learn more about our employee well-being program, have a look at our calendar here.